At first sight, transporting goods from one country to another seems as simple as finding a mode of transport, but nothing could be further from the truth. Today, there is a long list of documents and requirements to be completed to transport a load.
One of the main requirements to consider before travelling to transport the goods to their destination is to have all the necessary documents for international transport, but do you know what these documents are?
Documents for the international road transport
Before beginning your trip, you must keep in mind that in order to transport your cargo with complete tranquility, you must keep in mind that you need to carry a series of documents with you. The most common are:
- CMR or Waybill; This document sets out the obligations and responsibilities of the parties involved in the transaction, in this case the haulier and the forwarder. It is a required document in national and international transport. Another aspect to keep in mind is that it is the haulier who is responsible for the accuracy of the information he contains. Recently, this waybill can be made digitally.
- Carnet or TIR Carnet; it is an international transport document allowing transit through countries that are not the destination of the goods or that do not belong to the European Union. Its use is not obligatory but, thanks to this document, controls by the authorities when crossing any border will not be necessary.
- T1; under this title, goods imported from countries outside the European Union must be accredited in the territory of the Community. This document must be presented before leaving the country of origin of the load.
- T2; having the same characteristics as T1, except that this title will be used for goods that have been imported from EU Member States.Without mentioning them in this list, it should also be remembered that it is also practical to carry the contract of transport and the delivery note, if they exist, during the trip.
What other requirements may be necessary?
In addition to the international transport documents to be provided in support of the goods listed above, a number of other requirements are also necessary with respect to the driver:
- Driver’s license in order.
- Identity card, passport or equivalent.
- Diagram of the tachograph , both for the current week and the last 15 days.
- Certificate of authorization for special training (MDL for light goods and MDP for heavy goods)
- Instructions given to the driver by the logistics operator from whom the cargo was purchased.
The vehicle must also have the following characteristics:
- Driver’s license.
- Technical data sheet, technical control
- Authorization or transport card
If you have found that all these documents for international road transport are few in quantity, you must also take into account some others with respect to loading, for example, the dangerous goods certificate, if this is the case. You should also pay particular attention to any special legislations that may exist in some countries.
We believe that with minimum guidance and all documents in order, there should not be any problems during the transport and delivery of the cargo.
Do you know of any other documents that are required for international transport?