We are living a transformation in the logistics transport industry that has accelerated quickly in the last 10 years.
Companies need to maintain competitiveness and are forced to add new advanced technologies to enhance their distribution centers, warehouses, shipping and transportation management.
Here we share with you 6 keys to better understand this change and where we are going to go:
1. Costumer Centricity:
Today, the client is the center of all activities and all processes. This impacts on the necessity to comply with delivery times and returns management in an increasingly reduced time frame. The operator must be able to respond to new requirements instantly.
The emerging technology that is already essential for the most competitive ones due to the time and money savings it offers:
- Helps monitor the performance history of operators and other providers.
- Helps improve security in the supply chain.
- Facilitates the reduction of fraud and bottlenecks and errors.
- Allows third party certification.
3. Artificial Intelligence:
Well applied AI increases the efficiency and effectiveness of the business:
- It helps to reduce traffic jams and accidents.
- Reduces the carbon emissions.
- Minimizes financial expenses.
4. LoT devices:
Intelligent, IoT-enabled vehicles with driving data, mapping and real-time video are already on the road:
- You can monitor your fuel economy, your brakes, your speed
- They show the security to the drivers
- With geo-fencing and logistics, transport managers can see if the packages or shipments have been deviated.
5. Big data
Logistics and transport management companies have a higher level of confidence with big data:
- Goods and services delivery reports.
- Real-time analytics.
- Improved processes.
- Greater transparency.
We seek and reward a cleaner and more ecological transport:
- Ecological and environmentally friendly packaging materials (biodegradable, compostable, reusable and recyclable packaging material: carton, paper, cellulose fibres, plastarch material).
- Optimization of loads and routes.
- Green freight transport: optimized roads, green vehicle routing.
Without a doubt, a revolutionary road, which needs a good travel companion like WebTrans. Our platform already works with all this technology and offers digital solutions to every agent in the sector, be it by sea, air or land.