Do you want to dedicate yourself to the International transport, but you don’t know where to start, or you don’t know which are the necessary documents to make this work? Don’t worry, WebTrans will help you to know what documents you would need to be able to dedicate yourself to it.
We need to know 3 important documents:
1- The Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road or “CMR” , also known as a delivery note, is a document that formalizes the international transport contract used by hauliers and logistics operators, defining the obligations and responsibilities of both parties. Although in none of them do you assume ownership of the goods. This document presents the following information:
- Date and place of the work completion.
- Identification and addresses
- Description of the goods
- Information on means of transport
- Itinerary with loading and unloading location.
- Customs instructions and information on hazardous goods
2- If the transport of goods by road is carried out at an intra-Community level, the necessary documentation depends on the commercial transaction. If it takes place in the European Union, you will have to present the T document to the customs office of exit. Which in turn can be divided into T1, T2 or T3.
3- However, if this is done outside the European Union, the document to be used is the TIR Carnet. With this vouchers, the process will be much faster, as there will be no requirement to inspect the goods at the borders crossed by the vehicle.
How to obtain a TIR Carnet?
To obtain this vouchers, the TIR convention certificate is required from the General Department of Customs and Taxes, which allows your vehicle to have an international permit for a period of 2 years.
TIR Carnet example
Other important documents
Documentation required for the driver:
- Driving licence
- Identity document, passport or similar document
- Digital driver card
- Certificate of Special Authorization for Formation
Required documents for the vehicle:
- Traffic permits
- Technical specifications , technical inspection
- Transport authorization or permit
Freight Documentation :
- bill of lading
- Instructions for the drive
- Cleaning certificate
- Container or vehicle stowing certificate
Do you know what the e-CMR is?
The use of the electronic bill of lading has become more and more popular in the last few years , as it offers considerable advantages for the drivers of international transport. The e-CMR is already a legally valid document in most of the European countries.
How does the e-CMR work?
The procedure is simple, just follow these 4 steps:
- The haulier creates a waybill on the WebTrans platform.
- Once created, the e-CMR is sent from the TMS.
- The driver receives his corresponding e-CMR, which allows him to perform all the necessary actions: digital signature, status update, settings and photography.
- The completed e-CMR is available for all parties involved in the distribution chain.
Advantages of the e-CMR
- You no longer need to have the physical paper and you no longer risk losing the document.
- Saving for the future environment.
- Problems with the readability of documents are eliminated.
- Accurate and instant billing.
- Real-time information on the status of shipments and deliveries.
- Helps you to get more satisfied customers.
- Management in very short time.
- Reduced management fees.
We hope that our article has helped you to know the necessary information for your international transport. If this is the case, don’t forget to share it on your social media networks.
Thank you for your time, and see you again next time.