You may have heard of the term “last mile”, but do you know exactly what it is? Find out all the details in this article.
What does the last mile mean?
It is the final process of order delivery that comes from the virtual store, i.e. when the package has arrived at its buyer. This step takes place from the last distribution point (i.e. virtual store, store, specific plant, etc.) to the place of delivery.
This process is the last step in the entire distribution chain and also the one that can cause the most problems, since reaching the final point is a whole obstacle race. With the growth of e-commerce, we must constantly reinvent things.
Likewise, if this process is not carried out in a satisfactory way to the consumer, it may seem that the administration and management of the purchase has been devastating. It is therefore the prestige, the brand and the image of a company that are at stake, hence the importance of this last step.
What problems does the last mile encounter
- In urban areas, there is always the risk of mobility problems such as traffic, traffic jams, unloading areas, prohibited streets, among many others.
- It must be delivered within a very short period of time, and they are generally always small packages.
- It is the most expensive step in the supply chain, both in economic and environmental terms.
The costs of the last mile
If you calculate the total price of the transportation charges, the last mileage may even occupy more than 50% of that amount. And there are more and more problems because it is currently popular for the purchase to be delivered free of charge.
How to optimise this last step
Even though this is one of the most difficult stages in the distribution chain, good route planning could prevent many problems, even with all the unexpected situations that may occur.
- Smaller commercial vehicles. And the smaller the vehicle, the more mobile it will be.
- Optimized delivery routes. Make a previous design by avoiding areas with more traffic (cut streets, etc.).
- Collection point. This method of purchase is increasingly used, where you must personally go to a specific point to collect your order. It can be found in local shops or in public lockers.
They are always trying to find out new solutions as part of the technological advance and recently, there is the search for companies that are sending through digital platforms such as Glovo or Deliveroo.
This new method allows many consumers, logistics companies and retailers to contact local delivery companies, who use their own methods to deliver.
Another tool that is developing in this direction is the use of drones. In some countries, such as the United States or the United Kingdom, Amazon is already testing drones to deliver packages.
There is a project of drones delivering hamburgers and drinks to golf courses.
In addition, drones already have other uses to solve problems, such as monitoring roads, planting seeds, recording events, among many others.
In the meantime, drones already have other uses to solve problems, such as monitoring roads, planting seeds, recording events and much more.
On the other hand, transport companies have begun to give the consumer new facilities, such as the tracking number, so that the customer can know the status of his order in real time.
For our part, we are already in the process of the last mile, discover this here. If you liked this article, don’t forget to share it in your social networks.
Thank you for your time and see you next time.